Digital and technology solutions professional
Job roles: Software developer, Software engineer, Software tester, Application specialist, Business analyst, IT project manager, IT consultant, Network engineer, Cybersecurity analyst, Database specialist, Data analyst, Digital media Technology practitioner, Systems
A digital and technology solutions professional provides technology-enabled solutions to internal and/or external customers, in a range of areas including software, business and systems analysis, cybersecurity, data analysis and network infrastructure. They implement technology solutions that enable businesses to develop new products and services and increase productivity.
An apprenticeship in digital and technology solutions will give you core skills in the following areas: information systems, systems development, data, cybersecurity, business organisation, IT project management and computer and network infrastructure.
- All apprentices will combine core and specialist skills and knowledge in order to operate effectively in a defined role. Your employer will select one of the following specialisms for you, which will be specific to the role that you will perform as an apprentice.
- IT consultant – advise clients on how to best utilise technology to meet their business objectives, overcome problems and increase productivity.
- Business analyst – create detailed analysis of systems and make recommendations for improvement.
- Cybersecurity analyst – protect an organisation’s systems and data assets from threats and hazards.
- Data analyst – collect, organise and study data to provide new business insight.
- Software engineer – design, build and test high-quality software solutions.
- Network engineer – design, install, maintain and support communication networks within an organisation or between organisations.
Most employers will expect you to have three A-levels, including a STEM subject, or equivalent. Degree apprentices will also have to meet the university’s entrance requirements. Completion of the apprenticeship will lead to a BSc (Hons) degree in Digital & Technology Solutions. To find out more visit The Tech Partnership: www.thetechpartnership.com.
The full apprenticeship standard is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/apprenticeship...
Qualification: Level 6 (Degree Apprenticeship), BSc (Hons) in Digital & Technology Solutions
Salary: not available